This lab helps ensure you understand this week’s material and have all software working for upcoming lectures and assignments. You will design, upload, and populate a simple film database.
- Create a database in cPanel -> MySQL Databases
- Name it
yourusername_film_db(your DB will be prefixed with your username by default).
- Name it
- Open MySQL Workbench. Create a new model.
- Use the same name from step #1 for your schema name in MySQL Workbench.
- Design a database to store data from Highest Grossing Films table below.
- Normalize the database.
- Establish table relationships.
- Use appropriate data types.
- Hint: Range of INT data type is too small to fit Worldwide Gross field.
- Column names must be lowercase and separated by underscores for consistency.
- Populate all tables with correct data.
- Save the model (saves as a
.mwbfile) and upload on Blackboard.
- Go to Blackboard->Assignments->Lab 7: Simple Film Database Design
- If you are unsure of your design choice (how you normalized tables), you can add comments on Blackboard rationalizing your decision.
- Forward Engineer your model to 303.itpwebdev.com server.
- You can check that the database is successfully on the server by going to cPanel -> Databases -> phpMyAdmin.